• Today’s weather at kickoff: 68 degrees, light winds and clear skies.
• Texas Tech won the coin toss and chose to receive in the second half. Oklahoma State started the second half with the ball.
• Today’s game was televised by FOX. It’s the first game on FOX this season, and the second time on the FOX networks (Oct. 23 vs. KSU, FS1).
• Today’s game was called by Tim Brando and Spencer Tillman. It was their second trip to Jones AT&T Stadium this season (Oct. 23 vs. KSU, FS1).
• Today’s game marked the 49th all-time meeting between Texas Tech and Oklahoma State, and the 26th meeting as Big 12 foes.
• Texas Tech wore white helmets, red jerseys and red pants against Oklahoma State.
• Today’s game captains were Josh Burger, Patrick Curley and Jaylon Hutchings.
• As part of Texas Tech’s pregame entrance, Joseph Plunk carried the U.S. flag and Jett Whitfield ran out with the state of Texas flag.
• Today’s attendance: 53,.169
Starters – (Offense) – (LT) T.J. Storment, (LG) Weston Wright, (C) Dawson Deaton, (RG) Josh Burger (RT) Caleb Rogers, (QB) Donovan Smith, (RB) SaRodorick Thompson, (TE) Mason Tharp, (WR) Myles Price, (WR) Kaylon Geiger Sr., (WR) Erik Ezukanma; (Defense) – (DE) Tyree Wilson, (N) Jaylon Hutchings, (T) Devin Drew (LB) Colin Schooler, (LB) Riko Jeffers, (LB) Krishon Merriweather, (SPUR) Reggie Pearson Jr., (CB) Rayshad Williams, (S) Dadrion Taylor-Demerson, (S) Eric Monroe. (CB) DaMarcus Fields
TEXAS TECH’S LOSS…
• Gives Texas Tech a 6-5 overall record in 2021.
• Gives Texas Tech a 23-23-3 all-time record against Oklahoma State.
• Gives Texas Tech an 11-15 all-time record against Oklahoma State in Big 12 games.
• Gives Texas Tech a 10-6-2 all-time record against Oklahoma State in games at Jones AT&T Stadium.
• Gives Texas Tech a 5-15 record against ranked Oklahoma State teams.
TEXAS TECH’S TEAM NOTES
• Texas Tech was shutout for the first time since Oct. 18, 1997, on the road against No. 2 Nebraska
– it snapped a streak of 302 straight games of scoring in a game. It was the eighth-longest active streak nationally.
• Texas Tech was shut out at home for the first time since a 31-0 loss to Arkansas on Oct. 10, 1987.
• Texas Tech streak of losses to teams ranked inside the Top 10 moves to 12 with Saturday’s loss to No. 9 Oklahoma State.
• Texas Tech’s 31 total yards in the first half were its fewest since posting 69 first half total yards against Iowa State on Oct. 10, 2020.
• Texas Tech’s 108 total yards offense was the fewest since registering 90 against Miami in 1990.
• Texas Tech was shut out in the first half. It was the first time Texas Tech was held scoreless after the first two quarters since facing Kansas State on Oct. 3, 2020.
• The last time Texas Tech was shut out at home in the first half was against Oklahoma State on Nov. 12, 2011.
• Proved it on the field: Oklahoma State’s defense entered tonight’s game ranked first in the Big 12 in seven different defensive categories: 16.3 points per game (held Texas Tech to 0 points), 276.6 yards total defense (held Texas Tech to 108 yards), 88.4 yards rushing per game (held Texas Tech to 25 rushing yards), 188.2 yards per game passing (held Texas Tech to 83 passing yards), 115.2 passing efficiency defense (14th FBS), 3.70 quarterback sacks per game (sacked Texas Tech five times) and 7.8 tackles for loss per game (tackled Texas Tech for a loss 13 times).
• OSU entered tonight’s game averaging more than 47 points per game over its last three games. Texas Tech held Oklahoma State to half that on Saturday (23).
• Texas Tech allowed its opponent to score (FG) on its opening drive for the first time since hosting TCU (TD) on Oct 9. (Kansas-Missed FG, Kansas State-Punt, Oklahoma-punt, Iowa State-punt).
NOTING THE RED RAIDERS
• Tony Bradford picked up a TFL, giving him 6.0 for the season. It matches a single season career-high for Bradford (set in 2020).
• Behren Morton attempted his first career pass midway through the third quarter.
• Philip Blidi recorded a career-high six tackles and a career-high 1.5 tackles for a loss.
• Tied for a team-lead 1.5 TFLs, Tyree Wilson’s TFL total for the season moves to team-best 11.5.
• Rayshad Williams totaled a career-high seven tackles.
• Colin Schooler,
– who is playing his fifth season overall and second as a Red Raider, logged 0.5 TFLs to give him 56.5 TFLs for his career. He is now in solo No. 23 needs on the FBS all-time top 25 in career tackles for loss,
– led the team in tackles with 13. It was his 17th career double-digit tackles performance.
– he nine solo tackles pushed him over 300 for his career as he now owns 301 … 301 ranks as the eighth-most in FBS history.
• Austin McNamara
– nine punts were the most by an individual in a single game since Ryan Erxleben’s nine punts vs. Iowa State in 2011.
– eight punts went 50+ yards … the most 50-plus yard punts by a Red Raider since Ryan Erxleben recorded four at Missouri in 2011.
– McNamara entered tonight’s game with nine punts of 50-plus, he now has 17 for the season.
– recorded a long of 70 yards. His best punt of the season, but short of his career-best 87-yard punt in 2020.
Release provided by Matt Dowdy Texas Tech Athletics